This is the weekend when you need to finish up all of the outside tasks. Three weeks ago, you drained the sprinkler system, last night you mowed the lawn very short, and this weekend you plan to rearrange the two small sheds that you have on your property and store away all of the garden and lawn tools. The fact that the temperatures dipped to 22 degrees last night is an indicator that the cold temperatures will be here to stay and you want to make sure that you are ready.
Whether you are getting ready to prepare your small sheds for the winter or you are just in the planning stages for having custom sheds built for your property, there are many style available in a number of sizes and price ranges. From Amish storage sheds that are built with the highest level of materials to small corner sheds that fit underneath a second floor deck, many home owners make great use of outdoor storage options.
Consider some of this information about how Americans use the sheds, pergolas, pool houses, and other outdoor structures in their backyards, and the impact that Amish built furniture and buildings have on the American economy:
- It is wise to determine your space needs and add 25% for future storage needs, when purchasing a shed or planning for any kind of outdoor storage space.
- In a time when both dealers and historians placed great value upon the beauty and quality of handcrafted pieces, Amish furniture first gained attention in the 1920s. In fact, many people believe that the 1920s is when early American folk art was first discovered.
- 15 to 20 years is the average amount of time that a wood shed should last.
- 100% of Amish furniture is hand-crafted.
- 95.1% said that they “expect furniture to last for many years,” according to a survey of over 2,000 consumers.
- Cherry, hickory, walnut, oak, or maple are the woods that most Amish furniture is made from.
Are you in the process of getting ready for winter? Could an outdoor shed help the process? Taking the time to order a custom built shed can help many people solve the outdoor storage problems that they have.