Planning a party can be a lot of work. There are literally hundreds of details that need to dealt with. From writing up the guest list and sending out invitations to finding the venue and finding a caterer or other food options, the “to do” list for most gatherings is nearly endless. If you are planning a fun event, you may not know where to begin. Do you start with the venue or a place to rent party equipment? Here are some tips to make the pocess easier and even fun.
- Make a “to do” list and stick to it. Make a list of all of the things that need to be done. This should also include a timeline and have a person’s name (or several names) attached to each task. for example, you can list “party equipment, done by June 5th by Mary.” When everyone assumes that someone will take care of something, nobody ends up taking care of it. If you are at all stressed out about planning your event, having a list like this can go a long way to alleviate your stress.
- Set your budget and stick to that.At the very beginning of your party planning, you need to decide how much you are willing to spend. You can look online to get a ballpark idea for what the kind of event you are doing normally costs.
- How many people are you expecting?Knowing this will determine a lot of the other details such as your venue. Depending on your budget, you may want to invite everyone you have ever met or just a few close friends and family. The number of people you have may be somewhat set by when you have your party. This should be one of the first decisions you make when planning any kind of gathering.
- Where do you want to have your party?Setting the venue is the first thing you need to decide when you are planning any kind of party. If you are planning a wedding or graduation party, you may want to look into your venue options as early as you can as the popular places may book up far in advance. If you are trying so save money, some great wedding receptions, sweet 16 parties and all kinds of other celebrations have taken place in people’s back yards. With the right party equipment and decorations, you can transform any venue into a magical land. If you are doing your shin dig outside, you can get tent rentals and even find an outdoor dance floor rental.
- Do you have a theme?If you are doing a sea themed party, you may want to consider an outdoor gathering with sailcloth tents. These are made of a translucent materials that mimics the look of sails. This has become a popular choice for many outdoor events. Different kinds of lighting can transform your location into other worlds. LED furnitire and other party equipment can add a lot of fun and flash to any kind of party and every theme. With the right decorations, even a backyard party can be elegant and fun.
- What kind of food will you serve?If you are renting an inside venue, you may have to go with either their in house caterer or choose from a list of approved caterers. Many popular spaces do not allow groups to bring in their own food. If you are dead set on a particular kind of food or that comes from a specidic caterer, you may want to go with a personal home or a venue that does not require you use their catering.
- What will you need to make the party look right?You can rent just about any party equipment you can imagine. If the venue does not have it, you will need to look for table rentals, chair rentals and even rentals. If you have a band or DJ, their needs will have to be considered and factored in.
Regardless of what kind of party you are throwing, one really important thing to remember is to have fun. When the party say comes, things will go wrong but that is ok. Just try to enjoy the day and everyone else will follow suit.